- The only enclosure system that provides comprehensive CBRN protection for a variety of household pets
- Collapsible construction allows for accessible storage options and ease of transport
- 15 year shelf life for long term usage
- The MIRA Safety FirstBreed Collapsible CBRN Animal Ark (Ark for short) is a reusable dome designed to protect pets from exposure to hazardous chemical and biological warfare agents, radioactive particles, and even the risk of smoke inhalation.
The Ark is effectively a “dog gas mask,” which deploys in seconds, folds flat, stores easily, and uses a powered air-purifying respirator (PAPR) NOT INCLUDED to create a compact, protective enclosure for your cherished pets. IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A MIRA SAFETY PAPR AND AT LEAST 2 OF THE NBC-77-SOF CBRN FILTERS, ALL YOU NEED IS THIS. WE DO SEPERATELY SELL THE PAPR AND FILTERS. WE ALSO SELL THE "DELUXE" ANIMAL ARK WHICH IS COMPLETE AND READY TO USE (LISTED ON THIS SITE) WHICH INCLUDES THE ARK, PAPR, 2 FILTERS, CONNECTION ACCESSORIES.
KEY FEATURES OF THE ARK:
- Rugged laminate-230 construction with reinforced seams for durability, providing more than 6 hours of resistance to blister agents
- Works as a positive pressure system in conjunction with the MB-90 PAPR
- The Ark is effectively a “dog gas mask,” providing a constant stream of filtered air into the spacious 14ft3 interior
- Provides enough space for your pet’s food, water, and toys
- Fully translucent and transparent construction to keep a close eye on your pet
- Fits a variety of small animals up to a total of 10 kilograms (22 lb)
- Can be mounted on a stroller, wagon, sled, or a pickup truck bed for easy transport
- Folds into a compact shape for easy storage
- 15-year shelf life
- Made in Israel
The Ark is designed to give your pets the same life-saving protection you get from MIRA Safety Gas Masks. Traditionally, creating a dog gas mask has been challenging, considering pets have hair that prevents a tight seal.
Beyond that, pets are usually skittish during emergencies, presenting an additional challenge when trying to keep a device on the pet.
Through several years of research and development, the Ark was born as a practical solution for many types of pets instead of creating separate devices for each one.
With a lightweight, military-grade plastic frame and spacious interior, it uses the MB-90 PAPR(NOT INCLUDED) and a set of 40mm NATO threaded filters(NOT INCLUDED) for up to 12 hours of continuous use on one set of 8 AA batteries.
Dogs and cats are the most popular pets in the US, but the Ark can protect almost every other pet too, from rabbits to snakes and bearded dragons. We recommend placing any existing habitat for rodents and reptiles inside the Ark (as they can be more sensitive to environmental conditions).
Whether your goal is to prepare for potential nuclear conflict or just having a pet-safe gas mask to protect your family dog from the smoke of wildfire season, this is a perfect choice.
The Ark can be stored in its original packaging for up to 15 years and deployed in minutes to protect your animals comfortably.
TECHNICAL DATA:Kit Dimensions (in duffle bag): 42" (L) x 16.5" (W) x 8" (H)
Assembled Ark Dimensions: 53" (L) x 33" (W) x 26" (H)
Weight of Complete Kit: 19lb
Size: 14ft3, (designed to fit one small/medium dog or two cats up to 22lb total)
Material: Four-layer laminate-230 and military-grade carbon plastic
Mustard Liquid Penetration: >6 Hours
INCLUDED IN DELUXE KIT:
- FirstBreed Collapsible CBRN Animal Ark
- Artificial Grass
- Storage Duffle Bag
- Instruction Manual
The Ark (excluding the PAPR and associated filters, which may have unique storage requirements) can be stored in its original packaging in a dark, cool, and dust-free environment free from sudden temperature changes. The storage room should be ventilated regularly. Temperatures may vary between -10°C and 50°C with relative humidity up to 80%. The stored Ark should not be exposed to radiant heat or sunshine. Fuels, solvents, lubricants, and other inflammable substances, including chemicals, must not be stored with Ark enclosures.
Moreover, do not store the enclosure with or near any electrical machines or appliances that produce electric sparks or discharges during operation (ozone creation). Failure to properly store this product may reduce its effective shelf life.
- The Ark is NOT intended for children or small humans.
- The Ark is designed to protect small animals (22lb or under), including dogs, cats, birds, rabbits, rodents, ferrets, and reptiles. We have not tested the Ark with larger animals, so we cannot guarantee safe operation. Considering larger animals are usually stronger, they may try to escape using force, compromising the seal of the Ark and causing a leak.
- For animals with sharp claws, we recommend placing them into an enclosure inside of the Ark (such as a kennel, crate, etc).
MIRA Safety Collapsible CBRN Animal Ark Pet Cage Gas Mask 53"x33"x26" with Carry Duffle Bag No Sales Tax and Free Shipping brand new in a sealed MIRA container directly to your door