8.5 CAL/CM² ARCGUARD® ARC FLASH KIT WITH BALACLAVA
PLEASE SPECIFY APPAREL SIZE(SMALL, MEDIUM, LARGE AND XL ARE SAME PRICE) AND GLOVE SIZE WHEN PLACING YOUR ORDER. GLOVE SIZES AVAILABLE ARE 8, 9, 10, 11, 12. ALL GLOVE SIZES ARE ALSO THE SAME PRICE.
IMPORTANT: Our kits containing rubber protective voltage gloves, and glove kits, are shipped directly to you from NSA. This is important because some vendors stock voltage protecting rubber gloves and kits with same, and the rubber gloves when stored improperly (near excessive heat, folded, etc), or for long periods of time before sale, can become ineffective and dangerous to use, thus require proper testing before being put into service. See below from OSHA about testing.
Testing and Inspection. Gloves and sleeves must be electrically tested before being issued for use. They must also be visually inspected and gloves need to be air tested for any possible defects (for example, cuts, holes, tears, embedded objects, changes in texture) before each day's use and whenever there is a reason to believe they may have been damaged. Best practice is to inspect PPE and air test the gloves and sleeves before each use. [See 1910.137(b)(2)].
- Insulating equipment may not be used if any of the following defects are present: holes, tears, punctures or cuts, ozone cutting or ozone checking, embedded foreign objects, texture changes, including swelling, softening, hardening, or becoming sticky or inelastic, and any other defect that damages the insulating properties. [See 1910.137(b)(2)(iii) and ASTM F1236-96, Standard Guide for Visual Inspection of Electrical Protective Rubber Products].
- Insulating equipment failing to pass inspection must be removed from service and may not be used by workers.
Protector Gloves and Storage. To ensure worker safety and the integrity of the gloves and sleeves, insulating gloves need to be worn along with protector gloves (such as leather), and both insulating gloves and sleeves need to be stored properly when not in use. Proper storage means that gloves must not be folded and need to be kept out of excessive heat, sunlight, humidity, ozone, and any chemical or substance that could damage the rubber. [See 1910.137(b)(2)].
The proposed rule recognizes Class 0 and 00 gloves. See the proposed rule for additional information.
Product Code: KIT2CVPR08B_ _ _ _
Arc Rating: 8.5 cal/cm²
- DuPont™ Protera®
- ASTM F1506
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910.269
- NFPA 70E-2015 for Arc Flash
- CSA Z462-15 for Arc Flash (Canada)
- DuPont™ Protera® Coverall
- Faceshield Bag
- Faceshield with Chin Cup
- Glove Bag
- Leather Protectors
- Rubber Voltage Gloves
- Safety Glasses
- Standard Size Gear Bag
- UltraSoft® Balaclava