|Fabric or Materials||Tychem 6000|
|Quantity/Box||1 per case|
Tychem 6000 garments are made of a proprietary barrier film laminated to a Tyvek substrate. The fabric provides at least 30 minutes of protection against over 180 challenge chemicals including chemical warfare agents and toxic industrial chemicals. Tychem 6000 garments are strong, durable and lightweight, and they are available in both high-visibility orange and low-visibility gray fabrics, making them a preferred choice for law enforcement, emergency medical services (EMS) technicians and military personnel.
- Hooded coverall with Elastomeric interface hood for tight fit around respirator.
- Rear entry design keeps closure away from direct contact with frontal chemical exposure.
- NFPA 1992 certified.
- Reinforced waist and knees for added protection.
- Double storm flap covers zipper which can be secured by the wearer with snaps and hook & loop closure to prevent intrusion at zipper.
- Attached socks with boot flaps.
- Attached inner gloves (to be used with appropriate outer gloves).
- Elastic waist for an optimum fit.
- Taped seams provide strong chemical resistance against heavy liquid splashes. A sewn seam is covered with a strip of compatible chemical-resistant material through heat sealing.
|Property||Test Method||Typical Result|
|Basis Weight||ASTM D3776||3.5 oz/yd2|
|Burst Strength - Ball||ASTM D3787||55 lbf|
|Tear Resistance - Trap Tear (MD)||ASTM D5733||8 lbf|
|Tear Resistance - Trap Tear (CD)||ASTM D5733||7 lbf|
|Breaking Strength - Grab (MD)||ASTM D751||63 lbf|
|Breaking Strength - Grab (CD)||ASTM D751||69 lbf|
|Puncture, Propagation, Tear Resistance (MD)||ASTM D2582||9 lbf|
|Puncture, Propagation, Tear Resistance (CD)||ASTM D2582||7 lbf|
|Wearing Apparel Flammability||16 CFR 1610||Class 1