Chicago Protective Apparel 603-AKV 19oz Aluminized Para Aramid Blend (Style A) Heat Resistive 50” Coat
Free Shipping and No Sales Tax
Aluminized para-aramid blend is a strong and extremely heat resistant fabric. It is composed of para-aramid blend fibers surrounding fiberglass materials, and finished with an aluminized coating. Like many of the other aluminized primary protective fabrics, it performs very well on tests for both the EN 531 (presently superseded by the EN ISO 16112), and ASTM F955 certifications. Aluminized para-aramid blend provides a high degree of protection from molten aluminum and iron splash, as well as radiant heat. However, its fiberglass content also makes it protective against high contact heat, withstanding temperatures of 400-600° F. The fabric weight, its molten metal splash protection, and its high contact heat capability make it a great choice for gloves, mitts, safety sleeves and aprons. It also lends itself well to any garments worn where there is a higher probability of contact, or handling of extremely hot surfaces or objects. KEY FEATURES • Can withstand contact temperatures of 400-600° F • Durable • High cut and abrasion resistance FABRIC COMPOSITION & CHARACTERISTICS • Combination of para-aramid fibers surrounding fiberglass materials with aluminum coating • Fabric Weight: 19 oz. / sq. yd. • CPA Fabric Designation: AKV
Our Aluminized Coats feature:
- Available in 40", 45" and 50" lengths
- Style A stand-up collar lined with green FR cotton
- Snap front closure with leather tabs
- Snap wrist
- Wide selection of aluminized fabrics to choose from
- ALUMINIZED fabrics are built with a base layer of a protective, flame-resistant fabric, and finished with an aluminized coating. The mirrored surface of aluminized fabrics makes it extremely effective at reflecting radiant heat. It can reflect up to ninety-five percent (95%) of thermal radiation, and some fabrics withstand intermittent exposure to temperatures as high as 3000°F. Depending on the properties of the base fabric and the particular aluminization process it has undergone, aluminized fabrics also have varying degrees of resistance to cut and abrasion, flame, high heat, chemical and molten metal splash.
Chicago Protective Apparel is now ISO 9001: 2015 certified in the Design, Sale, and Manufacture of Protective and Safety Apparel.