Chicago Protective Apparel 603-ACX10 Aluminized CarbonX 10oz (Style A) Heat Resistive 50” Coat
Free Shipping and NO Sales Tax!
Aluminized CarbonX® by Textech Industries is a lightweight, and more comfortable choice in aluminized primary protective apparel. It works well for outer layer garments such as coats, jackets, hoods, full-body suits, pants, leggings, overshoes, and spats. The combination of non-flammable CarbonX® and Z-Flex® aluminization provides outstanding protection from molten metal splash and high temperatures. CarbonX® is a high-performance, truly nonflammable fabric that will not burn, ignite, or melt, and protects against molten metal splash, sparks, hot liquids, and high temperatures. Through the Z-Flex® MLATM process, or multilayer aluminization, the CarbonX® base becomes coated with several layers of aluminum, protective films, and high heat adhesives. If one layer breaks down, there is another available to protect. At 12 oz. / sq. yd., aluminized CarbonX® is among the lightest fabrics that can pass the ASTM F955 pour test for both aluminum and iron. It also receives high marks for radiant heat protection, and aluminum and iron molten metal splash resistance, according to the European standard EN ISO 11612. KEY FEATURES • Lightweight and comfortable • Resists both molten aluminum and iron splash FABRIC COMPOSITION & CHARACTERISTICS • CarbonX®, a proprietary blend of highperformance fibers, with Z-Flex® Multi-Layer Aluminization • Fabric Weight: 12 oz. / sq. yd. • CPA Fabric Designation: ACX10
Our Aluminized Coats feature:
- Available in 40", 45" and 50" lengths
- Style A stand-up collar lined with green FR cotton
- Snap front closure with leather tabs
- Snap wrist
- Wide selection of aluminized fabrics to choose from
- ALUMINIZED fabrics are built with a base layer of a protective, flame-resistant fabric, and finished with an aluminized coating. The mirrored surface of aluminized fabrics makes it extremely effective at reflecting radiant heat. It can reflect up to ninety-five percent (95%) of thermal radiation, and some fabrics withstand intermittent exposure to temperatures as high as 3000°F. Depending on the properties of the base fabric and the particular aluminization process it has undergone, aluminized fabrics also have varying degrees of resistance to cut and abrasion, flame, high heat, chemical and molten metal splash.
Chicago Protective Apparel is now ISO 9001: 2015 certified in the Design, Sale, and Manufacture of Protective and Safety Apparel.